1. He said he’s not taking any blame
“I feel like I’ve been doing everything right,” Hopkins said. “I was just trying to get my body back together after being out for so long. I’m not taking any blame.”
2. He says he did nothing wrong
Hopkins told reporters he had no idea how his sample got flagged. When asked if he knew what caused the flag, he said, “No, sir.”
3. He says he didn’t take anything
Hopkins said he took a banned substance last season, but wasn’t sure which one. He said it was something he purchased off the street.
4. He isn’t concerned about repercussions
5. His agent says he’ll appeal the suspension
Agent Kennard McGuire says the team will appeal the suspension and wants his client reinstated immediately.